K44 18% chromium with molybdenum, titanium and niobium stabilized.
The principal features of our K44 grade are:
- Very good resistance to pitting corrosion in chloride media, better than 304L (18-9L) and 316L (18-11ML) grades.
- Insensitivity to stress cracking corrosion and intergranular corrosion.
- Low toughness at transition temperature, even in welded zones.
- good drawability.
- good weldability.
- thermal conductivity higher than that of austenitic grades, with a lower thermal expansion coefficient.
- Hot water tanks
- Fume ducts
- Heat exchangers
- Sugar and sanitary tubes
- Photovoltaic frames
- Solar tanks
- Solar panels
- Cooking and catering equipment
- Water tanks
Product range: Forms: sheets, blanks, coils, discs.
Thicknesses: 0.40 to 4 mm
(for other thicknesses, please consult us).
Width: according to thickness, consult us.
Finish: cold rolled, 2R and 2B (other finishes, please consult us).
For the full technical specification, please download the K44 data sheet.